This is my 13th Dreamforce… Woah. I vaguely remember my first. It was still small and easy to get around Moscone. I more remember Dreamforce 2009. That was the year I decided to stop being a wallflower. I made myself meet speakers and people in the community. That was the year that I took ahold of my career and started to network and grow my skills passed being “just a Salesforce Administrator”.
Today I’m excited to work at the Mothership and preparing Trailblazers for their #DreamJobs. Each year gets bigger and better. I learn so much at Dreamforce from sessions to Keynotes, networking events to just standing in line and chatting up the person next to me.
This year I’m speaking EVERY DAY! I remember thinking last year I was busy as an MVP, Community Group Leader, and speaker. I have the pleasure of being on a session with 2 other #BossLadies; Misty Jones and Jet Kasinger.
We are sharing our expertise in preparing for the Salesforce Administrator certification. Join us each day for a theater session in the Trailhead Acadamy at Hilton Union Square or for a full session on Wednesday at 12:30 PM in Moscone West.
If you are preparing to take a certification at Dreamforce here are some great ways to study:
#BeSuper with the Superbadge sweepstakes
Get started with the Administrator Super Set
Get your study on with a trailmix and study preparation badge.
Remember certifications are 1/2 off the normal $200. Even if you don’t think you are ready to pass that exam, taking it at Dreamforce might just give you the confidence you need to pass it later at home when you have taken the time to study. #FailForward
Now let’s get you ready for a week with 180,000 of your best friends!
If you are a first-timer or an OG (Original Gangster) at Dreamforce let’s start getting you prepared for the week. There are your well-known suggestions:
- Comfortable shoes
- Find snacks and make time to eat
- Drink Water
- Pack light for the day (no laptop needed)
- Plan out your agenda for the day
- Be prepared to make a last min adjustment in your agenda
- Don’t overdo it.
- Find a Trailblazer buddy
Then there is more good stuff:
- Sign-up to take a certification at Dreamforce (It is 1/2 price)
- Start preparing your body.
- Walk at least 20 mins a day
- Get your flu shot now. (I’ll wait. Go do it!)
- Drink water
- Take your vitamins
- Get a small conference bag
- Carry a small rechargeable battery for your phone
- Download the Dreamforce Events app
- Layer your clothing
- Trailblazer Hoodie
- Did I say comfortable shoes?
- Start a Trailhead Badge to use on your Quest
- Take a break in the park or lobby where there are bands and Trailblazers to chat up
- If you have time tour the city before or after
What to pack?
I bring a suitcase in a suitcase. If you know me well, you know I have a bit of a #Swag collection. This is 13 Dreamforce’s worth of swag.
I also bring a survival kit. It is a small kit with gum, bandaids, a bottle of various headache/bodily function healing meds and in case of emergency candy.
#MayTheForceBeWithYou this Dreamforce. Have fun, learn epic stuff and meet someone new. Please say HI if you see me.
Is it Dreamforce Yet?